Coverage of the laying of the first stone of the church in Marino dedicated to St. Vincent. The area was developing rapidly with the establishment of new housing estates around Fairview and Marino, and in the following years new schools were built to accommodate the growing parish. Most of the funding for the building of the church came from individual donations and fundraising,. The first stone was blessed and laid by E.J. Byrne on May 2nd 1926. The church was designed by William Byrne & Sons of Suffolk St, and built by Messrs. Maguire and Short. The church was officially opened in October 1928.