A typical scene of the May processions in the church of the Oblate fathers in Inchicore. The church was built over many years beginning in 1876 to serve the community of Inchicore and the workers of the Great Southern and Western Railway Company, who assisted in the building of an earlier structure. The foundation stone was laid in July at that year and bands from Inchicore and the reformatories of Glencree and Phillipstown played at the ceremony. The altar of the gothic style church was famously made by James Pearse, father of Padraig. It wouldn’t be until the year after this 1929 clip of the May processions that the towers and trancepts were finally completed. Also included is footage from 1921 and 1924 below.